The drinking water treatment plant Beclean (Romania) has been renewed and expanded by AREMA to serve the growing population of the towns of Beclean, Cristeti and Chiuza, as well as to improve the quality of the water supplied.
Due to the expansion of the plant, treatment capacity has been increased from 5,000 m3 / day to 19,000 m3 / day = 80,000 h.e.
Line of treatment:
- Pre-chlorination (Chlorine gas)
- Inlet pumping.
- Coagulation - Flocculation (dosage of calcium hydroxide, aluminium sulphate and anionic polyelectrolyte).
- Primary settling tanks: 2 lines of 396 m3 / h each line.
- Sand filters: 4 units of 198 m3 / h each line.
- Post-chlorination (chlorine gas)
- Sludge thickening and sludge mechanical dewatering